Scholarly Writing: Publishing Medical Education Research - 10/2/2023
Includes a Live Web Event on 10/02/2023 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
- User - $125
In this session, the skills of scholarly writing will be explored through the lens of analyzing a manuscript that was accepted for publication. The participants will examine review criteria that are used by healthcare education journals and apply them to a sample manuscript. In discussing scholarly writing the participants will make a decision about the type of feedback they would give to the authors of the sample paper.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of a scholarly publication;
- Discuss how to frame a problem statement;
- Identify an effective Research Question;
- Discuss whether the Design/method is appropriate to the question;
- Discuss whether the authors have applied the best data collection methods to the appropriate sample;
- Understand the Results section and how to present results in a clear manner.
Recordings will be made available for viewing following the completion of each workshop. Viewing of recordings may not be substituted for participation in live workshops.