Measuring Educational Outcomes with Reliability and Validity - 8/29/2022
Includes a Live Event on 08/29/2022 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
This workshop introduces participants to the principles of score reliability and validity, using a combination of didactics and review of medical education research projects. The workshop is divided into two parts with group exercises designed to reinforce understanding of the main principles.
After participating in this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify three types of reliability (inter-rater, test-retest, and internal consistency);
- Match types of reliability with appropriate statistical measures;
- Describe the relationship between reliability and validity;
- Describe multiple forms of evidence for validity;
- Select an approach to reliability and validity assessment for a particular study.
This workshop is a part of the MERC Virtual Workshop Series.